1st Sunday of Lent (B), 18th February, 2018
- The Stations of the Cross during Lent will be in English on Fridays at 7.30 pm after the evening mass and in Konkani on Wednesdays at 6.30 pm. Divine Mercy prayers on Friday will be recited at 6.45 pm.
- Lenten Alms Box – You may deposit your Lenten Alms in the Box kept in the sanctuary. This collection will go towards the Diocesan Seminary at Goregaon.
- As part of the Lenten programme next Saturday 24th February we have a night vigil from 9 pm to 12 am. Ending with a mass at 12 am.
- On 2nd March we have a concert by the Gospel band “Open Secret” performing for us and leading us in prayer on the “The Last Words” of Jesus. The band has performed more that 70 concerts across the city over the last few years. This concert is based on the final words of Christ as He hung on the Cross, the concert evening will be a blend of music and reflection as the band takes us on an emotional journey, all the while helping us listen more closely to the voice of Jesus. It will be at 7.30 pm in the ground and entry is free.
To defray the expenses of stage, sound, lights, chairs etc of the concert we are requesting for voluntary contribution or donation from the parishioners. You may contribute at the parish office mentioning that it is for the concert. All donations will be receipted.
- The Gloria Prayer Group has invited Ms. Sally Felizardo to give a talk on “Called to be a Disciple” on Thursday 22nd February in the parish hall. All are welcome.
- We have placed a Cross in front of the Altar near the railings and beside the cross there is box with white ribbon cross and a petition box. During Lent, every time you make a penance or sacrifice you can come and pin a white ribbon cross on the big cross and put a petition on the box. All the petitions will be prayed at a reconciliation mass on Saturday 17th March at the 7.00 pm mass.
18.02.2018 to 24.02.2018
Our Lady of Glory Church